1. WHO WE ARE?
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is L'Oréal (U.K.) Limited of 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ, United Kingdom. For further information about L'Oreal, and the different divisions and brands within it, please visit www.loreal.co.uk.
2. INFORMATION COVERED BY THIS POLICY
This policy covers all personal information collected and used by L'Oreal. In this policy, "personal information" means information or pieces of information that could identify you. This includes information such as your name, address, username, profile pictures, or email address, but could also include information such as your IP address, or information about your preferences and shopping habits.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We may collect information about you from different sources detailed below.
Information you give us:
You may choose to provide personal information to us, for example by filling in forms on our website or at one of our stores or counters, entering competitions and prize draws, creating an account on our website or via a mobile app, contributing on one of our social platforms, or contacting us by email, phone, live chat, or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, health information, and user-generated content. If you login to one of our sites using social login, you will also be giving us access to your social data on the relevant social network.
Information we collect about you:
- Technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our site and products you viewed or searched for;
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programmes use clear gifs (web beacons). These tell us whether the email has been opened. Web beacons can be turned off by not "enabling images" in an email.
If you are using one of our mobile apps, we may also collect information about the way you use our app.
Information we receive and collect from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate (for example a website for another L'Oréal brand) or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including publically available content on social media.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information...
To get in touch and provide you with services you have asked for. We may:
- Send you information about products and surveys that may be of interest to you (where you have consented to this), or offer you opportunities to participate in competitions or surveys;
- Contact you about a particular type of product where you have started a transaction but not finalised your purchase;
- Provide you with products or services that you request from us, including carrying out any actions required from your request e.g. process an order that you make (including payment and delivery), or setting up an account with us;
- Reach you on social media, either directly or through tailored advertising content;
- Give you updates on any changes to our service;
- Keep an up to date suppression list where you have asked not to be contacted, so we do not inadvertently re-contact you;
- Process your payments and protect against fraudulent transactions.
To provide you with a tailored and relevant experience. We may:
- Deliver relevant advertising tailored to your preferences to you directly on our website or when you visit other websites or social media channels, and measure the effectiveness of that advertising;
- Combine information we receive and collect from all sources to understand your interests and preferences, and provide you with an experience that is tailored to those interests and preferences e.g. by offering you products you are interested in first on our website, or sending you personalised offers or promotions by email (where you have agreed to receiving our emails);
- Offer you content that is relevant to your location e.g. invitations to events;
- Ensure our website, social media pages, and email content and is presented in the most efficient and effective manner for you, including remembering your preferences and interests.
To improve our site and content. We may:
- Administer, monitor, and improve our site, social media pages, and email content, including troubleshooting, analysis, testing of functions and different site design ideas;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Otherwise as required or permitted by law.
5. DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your personal information with any member of the L'Oréal Group, which means our subsidiaries, and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. Please visit www.loreal.com for further details on the L'Oréal Group.
We may also share your information with trusted third parties. We rely on trusted third parties to perform a range of business operations on our behalf. We only provide them with the information they need to perform the service, and we require that they don't use your information for any other purpose. We will always use our best efforts to ensure that all third parties we work with will keep your personal information secure. We may share your personal information with:
- Advertising, marketing, digital and social media agencies to help us to deliver advertising, marketing, and campaigns, to analyse their effectiveness, and to manage your contact and questions;
- Third parties required to deliver a product to you e.g. postal/delivery services;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If L'Oréal or a part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers relating to those assets will be one of the transferred assets.
- In other circumstances if we have your consent or we are permitted to do so by law.
We will not sell your personal information.
6. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
7. IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure, and take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure, and require that trusted third parties who handle your personal information for us do the same.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL LOGIN
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may also offer you the opportunity to use social login. If you chose to use social login, please be aware that the social platform will share your profile information with us. The information that is shared will depend on your social platform settings.
9. SOCIAL MEDIA AND USER GENERATED CONTENT
Some of our sites and apps allow users to submit their own content. Please remember that any content submitted to one of our social platforms can be viewed by the public, and you should be cautious about providing certain personal information e.g. financial information or address details via these platforms. We are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal information on one of our social media platforms.
What are they?
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your device so that the website can remember who you are.
Do I want to stop them?
Many cookies are used to enhance the usability or functionality of a website; therefore disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of this website. We explain the cookies we use in the table below and give you a button by which you can block the optional cookies.
If you do not make either choice then you will be treated as having accepted all cookies on this site. You can change your mind in subsequent visits and use the buttons below to change your cookie status for our site.
If you wish to restrict or block all the cookies which are set by our website (which as we say may prevent you from using certain parts of the site), or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. For more information go to www.aboutcookies.org
Which cookies are being used on this site?
We use four types of cookies on this site – those that are strictly necessary for the website to function, functionality cookies, performance and analytics cookies, and targeted/advertising cookies.
Strictly Necessary cookies: These are cookies that may be required for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, or for a shopping cart function. These cookies cannot be switched off.
Functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance and simplify your user experience. For example, they may record information about previous choices you have made, remember your password, or allow video or social media content to be properly viewed on the website. You can opt out of functionality cookies using the function below.
Analytics and Performance cookies: These are used for internal purposes to help us provide you with an improved user experience e.g. to assess the performance of a website, or to test different design ideas for the website. We often work with third party research companies to perform these services for us, so these cookies may be set by a third party. Third party cookies and analytics or performance cookies are set out in the list below. You can opt out of them using the function below.
Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver relevant and tailored content (including advertising content) to you, and also to evaluate the effectiveness of that content. Content may be delivered on our website, or on a third party website. We often work with third parties to deliver this content, so some of these cookies may be set by a third party. You can opt out of them using the function below. Note however by opting out of these cookies you do not opt out of receiving advertising content altogether; you will instead receive general content that does not take into account your interests and preferences.
There may be additional cookies managed by third parties, for example:
a) Social Media Networks and Third Party Content. On our website we may use social networking icons and sometimes embed video content from websites such as YouTube. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, or click on a social network icon that takes you to a that social network, you will be presented with third party cookies from Youtube or that site as applicable. We do not control these cookies and you need to check with the applicable third party website for more information.
b) Flash cookies. L'Oréal uses Flash files to deliver part of its content, such as Video Player, throughout the site. To improve user experience Local Shared Objects – or flash cookies as they are commonly known – are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored in your terminal much in the same way as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way.
How to disable Flash Cookies - the adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain like www.loreal.co.uk or for all websites – see www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for details. Restricting the use of Flash cookies may affect your enjoyment of this site.
c) Spotlight tags. These are something we use to track measure and report on activities that happen when you see or click on one of our advertisements somewhere on the web and then either click through to our website from that ad or visit certain pages on our website within 30 days of having seen one of our advertisements somewhere on the web. Our spotlight tags are managed by Maxus. You can block the use of these spotlight tags by visiting www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and scrolling down to "[Google Inc]" and ticking the opt out box.
If you wish to change you cookie settings, please use the function below:
Reject or accept optional cookies from the website
|Cookie||Cookie's Identification||Purpose of the cookie|
|Banner Acceptance Cookie|
|Drop Down Promotion (optional)||home-dropdown||Records whether you have been shown the promotional dropdown banner, so as to not display this to you again in the same session. It collects information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. Expires after 1 hour.|
|Website pages (compulsory)||frontend||Cookie required to navigate from one page to another and to maintain the login/logout information during your visit. It collects information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. Expires after 1 hour.|
|Website category (optional)||CATEGORY_INFO|
|These cookies provide information on how you browse our website categories in order to optimize your experience. They collect information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. These cookies expire when you finish your session.|
|Google Analytics (optional)||__utma|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. They are placed on the site by Google, Inc an American Corporation. They collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited on the site. This information is then used by Google to make reports for us and to help us improve the site. These cookies remain on your computer after the session has finished. For more information visit: www.google.com|
|Google AdWords (optional)||PREF|
|These cookies are used to track orders that were generated by searching activities on Google or on the Google Display Network Board. They collect information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. These cookies remain on your computer after the session has finished. For more information visit: www.google.com|
|Microsoft Bing (optional)||AA002|
|These cookies are used to track orders that were generated by searching activities on Bing. They collect information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. These cookies remain on your computer after the session has finished. For more information visit: www.microsoft.com|
|Newsletter registration pop up(optional)||_nrlsk|
|These cookies allow us to check if you've seen the newsletter registration popup. They collect information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. These cookies remain on your computer after the session has finished.|
|Online survey (optional)||MetrixLabp21571_fr||This cookie allows us to check if you have been shown the online survey popup. It collects information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. This cookie remains on your computer after the session has finished.|
|Google Tag Manager (optional)||_55||This cookie allows us to measure traffic and users browsing behaviour and better understand the results of our online advertising and social media channels. It collects information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. This cookie remain on your computer after the session has finished.|
|Offers (optional)||CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||This cookie allows us to serve you personalised offers on our website. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires after 1 hour.|
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
12. YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at [email@example.com] or by writing to us at:
La Roche-Posay Data Protection Officer
L'Oreal (UK) limited
255 Hammersmith Road
London W6 8 AZ
Last updated: April 2015